Business Development Manager
SAREN Energy is now hiring a Business Development manager who will be responsible for leading the growth effort of SAREN Energy in the Scandinavion market. The BDM will work with Whitehelm Capital in the UK to identify and execute opportunities contributing to the growth of the Scandinavia’s sustainable energy platform, and will also provide support on governance within SAREN Energy.
The BDM will work closely with Whitehelm to identify, analyze, and evaluate possible M&A targets, and will also advise on what initiatives and themes that should be prioritized within the energy market. In addition, the role will ensure the process of due diligence, covering technical-, tax-, and legal-related areas.
We are looking for someone who has an excellent business understanding, strong commercial skills, and a proactive attitude capable of translating strategy into implementation as well as execution. It is vital for us that you can demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise both with top management teams, as well as plant managers and blue collar workers – in short that you are a people's person. We further believe you are future-oriented and constantly looking for improvements and best practices.
Our new BDM will also work closely with our two plants SAE & Bio-El in Norway, as well as other corporate functions.
Remote work from Oslo and the surrounding areas is an option for the right candidate.
- Support the company’s growth strategy, both organic as well as through M&A
- Support M&A along with the due diligence processes
- Manage and oversee the financial and operational performance, procurement process and reporting requirements of the operating companies
Requirements & qualification
- BSc/MSc degree in Management, Engineering or Business Administration
- Solid understanding of the energy market with preferably +/- 8 years exposure within the Scandinavian market
- Experience handling M&A transactions
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, business development and investments
- Fluent English and Norwegian, both written and oral
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity
- Commercial mind-set, hands-on, showing passion, energy, intensity and excitement
- Ability to work in fast-paced M&A environment
- Stress-resistant with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong “can-do” attitude
- A chance to be part of a company with a strong green profile
- Competitive salary, good pension- and insurance schemes
- A central position in a professional environment
The creation of SAREN Energy continues Whitehelm’s long history of successfully partnering with regional infrastructure to unlock efficiencies and promote sustainable economic growth. Whitehelm Capital has to date invested €2.6 billion in Europe in seven different countries. We continue to see excellent investment opportunities within mid-market infrastructure, particularly in sectors supporting the energy transition.
Sted Borregårdsveien 70, 1721 Sarpsborg
Flere arbeidssteder 0270 Oslo
Bransje Bank, finans og forsikring, Kraft og energi,Miljøtjenester
Stillingsfunksjon Analyse, Forretningsutvikling og strategi,Kvalitetssikring
M&A, business, development, due, diligence