Head of Financial Controlling
We are looking for a Head of Financial Controlling!
Schibsted recently underwent a strategic transformation project to optimise its finance function. As a result, we are excited to offer a leadership opportunity as the Head of Financial Controlling. This role will be central in developing the competence and process centre for Finance Operations and serve as a valued partner for Schibsted’s subsidiaries and business areas. As the Head of Financial Controlling, you will have the chance to lead the financial controlling function and contribute to the growth of Schibsted’s subsidiaries and business areas. Joining the Schibsted team offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the organisation’s success. ****
As the Head of Financial Controlling, you will be responsible for overseeing financial controlling across all segments and legal entities in Schibsted. You will play a key role as a member of the Finance Operations management team, working to coordinate with other teams in Finance Operations and in other parts of Schibsted, and contributing to and representing Finance Operations in relevant projects.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the high quality and continuous improvement of the financial controlling process, serving as the point of contact for all inquiries regarding financial controlling. In addition to managing a skilled and experienced team, you will be responsible for developing relevant competencies within the team, efficiently utilising and planning resources, recruiting and onboarding new team members.
As the Head of Financial Controlling, you will report to the Head of Finance Operations. This position is located in either Stockholm or Oslo and may require some travel.
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of a critical function within Schibsted, driving efficient and effective financial controlling practices and contributing to the organisation's overall success.
Head of Financial controlling is responsible for:
- Manage and oversee financial controlling function, including statutory financial close process, and financial reporting to group
- Report on financial insights and performance, drive improvements and efficiencies, and contribute to external audit process
- Streamline and align financial processes across locations, onboard/offboard legal entities, and provide information and training to resources as needed.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate should have:
- In-depth knowledge of financial controlling processes and best practices
- Master’s degree in accounting,finance, or related field
- Experience with leading teams in financial controlling
- Independently driven, but collaborative and easy to work with
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Swedish or Norwegian
What we can offer
- Empowerment to influence and contribute to the future growth of Finance Operations
- Work in an international environment
- Excellent opportunities for further professional and personal development within Finance Operation, or in the broader Schibsted organisation
- Be part of an organisation where employees support, trust and cheer on each other; and an organisation embracing change, going for growth
- Good work-life balance
Should you have any questions related to the role, please contact Karianne Øye (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Peter Klokk (email@example.com)