Will you make sure that Hydro Project push forward on the sustainability ambition?
In Hydro, large-scale industrial projects have always been at the center of our business realization.
Projects is a specialized and dedicated project organization in Hydro. Our main tasks are to develop and execute investment projects in a predictable and efficient way. We provide project management services to all Business Areas in Hydro cross-boarders.
Projects will play an important part in Hydro's ambitious journey, to maintain our position as a leading supplier of low-carbon aluminum and to grow in renewables such as wind, solar, hydrogen, batteries and hydropower. We are crucial to the green change.
To support Hydro's ambitious target on biodiversity conservation and ensure a continuous focus on sustainability, we are looking for a Project sustainability specialist.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary and diverse team and will mainly work with projects in Hydro Energy related to wind, solar, hydrogen, batteries, and hydropower.
What we offer
- An opportunity to be a key contributor to define and implement our sustainability goals in projects within renewable energy and in the aluminum value chain
- Be part of a professional project management organization, with broad expertise and well proven methods in project governance, project control, procurement, and technical management
- Work closely with highly competent and experienced colleagues, in the Project organization, Hydro Energy's sustainability team, and in Hydro's sustainability network
- A balanced work-life. Our employee's wellbeing is important. For you to be able to be the best version of yourself at work, we believe flexibility and work-life balance is key.
- An inclusive work environment. Diversity is important and necessary for the development of our company. We believe a diverse workforce helps us reach our business goals. Different opinions and perspectives enable innovation and a better work environment. In Hydro can you bring your whole self to work, and we act with respect
The main responsibility for the position will be to ensure that we work towards our sustainability goals and comply with all relevant laws and regulations. You will mainly work with projects within in the business area Hydro Energy.
- Identify, follow-up and coordinate environmental and social risks in all phases of the project
- Ensure that projects are aligned with international standards (typically IFC Performance Standards) and our sustainability commitments
- Follow-up and liaise closely with external consultants performing Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA)
- Establishing and managing Environmental Management Plans (EMP)
- Participate in decision gate reviews, audits, and examinations in projects throughout Hydro
- Continues improvement of tools and methodologies to ensure best practice sustainability management in projects
Who are you?
We believe you are highly enthusiastic about sustainability and will proactively contribute to our sustainability performance and culture. You want to contribute to the green transition ensuring that our projects are delivered in line with Hydro's sustainability strategy, including climate, environment, and social impact.
You have experience with sustainability from construction projects from early phase to completion and are confident in taking lead in all sustainability related activities. You communicate effectively to make an impact, and others perceive you as open, collaborative, and trustworthy.
You enjoy working in multidiscipline teams, you are curious to understand the bigger picture, and you proactively seek solutions.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable with business travels and regular travel to project sites when needed. We aim to have a diverse team and welcome candidate with various backgrounds.
- Relevant degree on master- or bachelor level
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably from industrial companies and investment projects1037
- Experience from environmental safeguarding, including biodiversity management
- Proven history of effectively implementing Environmental Management Plans
- Good knowledge of environmental laws and regulations as well as international standards for Environmental safeguarding, i.e. IFC's Performance Standards and Equator Principles
- Experience in running Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Due Diligence processes
- Fluent in written and oral English, and elementary proficiency in Norwegian or other Scandinavian language
The position is located in Norway (Oslo).
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background checks.
Apply before: 09/02/2023
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ellen Mohr Dye
+47 952 83 105
+47 959 95 304
- Kontaktperson: Ellen Mohr Dye
- Telefon: +47 952 83 105