World-wide turnkey cable supplier seeks Plant Controlling Manager
Join our team in Nexans in electrifying the future!
Nexans’ submarine power cables are key in the transition to more renewable energy whether connecting islands to the mainland or bringing green energy from the offshore wind farm to the grid. In cooperation with our world-wide customers, we push technological boundaries to go deeper, longer, at higher voltages and to provide turn-key solutions for installation and protection to meet future needs.
Information about the department and the position
Function: Plant Controlling manager – Halden site (Finance)
Manager: Finance Director – Nexans Norway
- Halden is the largest site in the Nexans Group, and the key asset for engineering, production, and testing of submarine high voltage cables and umbilical’s
- The plant controlling manager has a key role to play in the improvement of the tools to follow the productivity of the plant, the control and anticipation of the costs and investments.
- This role is a business partner and support of the plant manager is part of the plant management team.
- Halden plant produces cables for approximately 350 M€ sales every year.
- ~560 employees working at Halden plant
Purpose, responsibilities, and tasks
Ensures the correct measure of the plant performance, the development or enhancement of the tools, processes and analytics needed to achieve this, anticipates the evolution of the plant to answer to the strategic ambitions of Nexans.
- Manages a department of 7 people (3 controllers, 1 BPO, 2 production administration employees and 1 employee for secretary & reception). Ensures the required training & development of these resources.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on results and KPI’s
- Plans, executes and reports activities according to the overall roadmaps and budgets for Nexans Halden- including contributions to internal investment projects.
- Manages the monthly closing process for the plant, ensuring proper accruals and inventory closing balances
- Builds financial forecasts for the plant with special attention to indirect costs, manufacturing variance. scrap management and inventory balance. Supports SLS Business Controlling team with the forecasting of capital expenditures of the Halden plant.
- Complies with reporting instructions and internal control procedures.
- Manages reviews of internal and external auditors on site.
- Ensures continuous improvements of the department tools and methods.
- Prepares annual budget for the plant and exercises budgetary control for the departments. Supports SLS Business Controlling team with the follow-up of capital expenditure projects performed in Halden.
- Ensures proper feedback from execution into the evolution of the factory standards, and into the cost definition of future commercial offers.
- Maintains proper financial processes and master data management
- Contributes to the overall management of Halden (plant & technical departments) through participation in management groups and other executive bodies.
- Facilitates activities in close collaboration with Planning & Supply chain, Production, Technical departments, Laboratories, and project teams
- Complies to relevant quality and HSE procedures.
- Deputy Site Manager in matters concerning Factory management.
- Good contributor to Halden management team
- On-time and precise reporting to SLS financial manager, regarding Halden performance (actual, short-term, and longer term)
- Accurate follow-up of indirect costs, manufacturing variances and inventory balance, leading into continuous improvements actions (cost savings, new initiatives, etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Education: University / Master degree
- Significant experience (> 3 years) of controlling in a production environment:
- Measure and analysis of productivity, and other industrial KPI
- Cost follow-up
- Investment review
- Significant experience (> 3 years) with SAP: follow-up of production orders, knowledge of key elements of a MRP
- Competent and experience with managing people
- Ability to propose & implement ideas to structure further the tools & the organization in Halden
- Ability to draw and follow different action plans
- Ability to deliver on time
- Fluent in English. Norwegian language is a plus, but not mandatory
Why work with us?
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Interesting and varied work in an international, dynamic, and multidisciplinary environment
- Inclusive and multi-cultural working environment
- Competitive salary, good pension scheme and insurance agreements
- Company Cabins, Extended bank holiday scheme, Broadband and cellphone scheme.
Interviews will be held continuously, please apply as soon as possible.
About Nexans Norway AS
Nexans Norway is part of the Nexans Group which has industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide - and has nearly 1,700 employees. The head office is located in Oslo and we have manufacturing plants in Rognan, Langhus and Halden.
Nexans’ Norwegian activity is divided into three business groups: Subsea & Land Systems (SLS), Building & Territories and Telecom (B&T&T) and Telecom and Data (T&D).
About Nexans Subsea & Land Systems (SLS) Business Group:
Subsea & Land Systems is a global player in engineering, manufacturing and installing key submarine cable solutions to customers all over the world. The Business Group has manufacturing plants in Norway (Halden), USA, Japan and Belgium.
- Kontaktperson: Eduardo Høidal
Adresse: Knivsøveien 70