We are seeking a new Vice President (VP) of Data & Insight who is motivated to be core to the data-driven development of Norwegian!
To better inform you about the position, we have recorded a podcast, in which we interview Knut Olav Høeg, Executive Vice President IT & Business Services of Norwegian about the company, expectations for the role and what you can expect in this position: https://soundcloud.com/user-485305904-808676494/norwegian-vice-president-vp-data-insight
- Lead a team of six staff members in the area of data and insight, located in Barcelona, Riga and Oslo.
- Responsibility for developing and facilitating first-class data quality for a broad range of internal and external stakeholders via our solutions, such as AWS, SAP, BO, Power BI etc.
- Own and develop the data and insight strategy across the organisation, while acting as a beacon of expertise in the field, with a special focus on the cloud journey ahead of us.
- Help promote an understanding of how the correct use of data and insight means lower costs and better performance across the organisation.
Whom are we looking for?
- You have experience from a similar role in large data and analysis communities, as well as from recruitment and development of international expert communities.
- You are motivated by creating a culture for data-driven decisions and able to communicate technological insight in an instructive manner to broad segments of the organisation (including to non-technical staff).
- You have a good understanding of modern data and analytical tools, and experience from cloud journeys with a focus on AWS.
- Higher education in technical, analytical or finance subjects.
- Architect or developer background is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Norwegian and the ability to communicate complex technological insight to the business communities and senior management.
- An analytical mindset, with a flair for operational and strategic issues.
- Acts as a role model and inspires pride in our highly skilled employees.
- Determined, with the ability to follow through.
- Relationship-building skills, enjoys the role of being ‘the spider in the web’.
Our pledge to you:
- You will have a key role in the development of a fast-growing international company, with real influence on our cloud journey.
- You will be part of Norwegian`s internal IT community, which is now gearing up for the future. The community consists of highly skilled staff who enjoy support from all parts of the organisation.
- Our offices are at Fornebu outside Oslo, but we make provisions for flexible working also post-COVID-19. Some travel must be expected.
- We offer a competitive salary, pension and insurance schemes, including discounted air travel. We value a good work-life balance.
Are you curious to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our recruitment partner MeyerHaugen AS for an informal chat about the role, via Henrik Andersson, Partner, by phone + 47 416 70 787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively Gabriella Nyborg Hernando, Senior Advisor, by email email@example.com or phone + 47 454 18 002.
The application deadline is 27 September 2021. Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
Did you know?
- We aim to be the most carbon and resource-efficient airline in the world by introducing new technology as soon as it becomes commercially available.
- Many people refer to our aircraft as ‘the red nose’, because of the bright red colour of the aircrafts’ nose.
- The tailfins of our aircraft are emblazoned with pictures of heroes that have challenged social norms and inspired others.
- We taught Norwegian air passengers to book tickets online.
- We have one of the world’s youngest and most fuel-efficient aircraft fleets.
Sted: Oksenøyveien 3, 1366 Lysaker
Bransje: Luftfart, Reiseliv
Stillingsfunksjon: IT, Analytiker, Ledelse